Apple just announced that they are moving to a new programming language called Swift. Swift is an innovative new programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch. Stay ahead of your competition and learn Swift now!
The three day intense hands on boot camp from 9am – 5pm covering the fundamentals and advanced features of iOS development in Swift. We will start from the ground up and teach you everything you will need to be able to develop your own iOS application and upload it to the iTunes AppStore.
Our boot camps are limited in size and feature hands on exercises instructed by TRUE corporate developers. We hire only instructors that have worked with / in large corporations and have produced real applications. We defy the saying, “Those Who Can, Do; Those Who Can’t, Teach.” Are you ready to learn what real programming is like from our instructors?
We treat you right at our boot camp! Breakfast, lunch, snacks, hot coffee, and cold beverages are provided every day! We have hired catering during this three day intense boot camp!
Day 1 – Basics of Programming in Swift
- Basic Operators
- Strings and Characters
- Collection Types
- Control Flow
- Classes and Structures
- Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- Optional Chaining
- Type Casting
- Nested Types
- Advanced Operators
Day 2 – Language Foundation and iOS Programming 101
- Generic Parameters and Arguments
- Develop your first iPhone application using the iPhone simulator
- Interface Builder workshop to design UI and make the object connections
- Use all your knowledge to create a simple iPhone application from a business spec example
Day 3 – Advanced iOS Development
- Web Services, Fetching data from remote services, Caching data locally in SQLite
- Open Source Libraries – Which ones really help and speed up your development time
- Storing and syncing data through iCloud
- Notification center for prompting users
- Advanced Hands On Workshop
Note: This is a general syllabus. Not every feature mentioned will be covered in every boot camp. Topics may vary and the final syllabus is customized by the individual trainer and by the interests of the developers attending the boot camp.
Howard W. Cantrell Jr. has been in the software business for over 15 years and has developed many skills that make him excel at many positions. He has experience as CEO, CTO, Chief Mobility Officer, Architect, Project Manager, and Lead Developer. His main focus is on Mobile development and Mobile department management. He has created the Mobile departments within MeetMe.com, Match.com, Chemistry.com, and Spayce.me. He has also developed and updated over 30 mobile applications currently within Apple iTunes and the Google Play (Android Market).
What do you need to bring?
- An Intel Macintosh laptop computer
- Xcode and the iOS SDK 8.0 (beta) installed on your laptop
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (optional)
- Basic programming knowledge, including object-oriented programming experience, such as Objective-C, Java, .NET, C, C#, VB
- Please don’t bring any food or beverages, we are providing catering during this boot camp!
Who should take this boot camp?
- Experienced programmers interested in iOS application development
- People new to Mac development and iOS development
Why this boot camp when there are books, videos, and webinars?
- Most people, even those experienced in programming, find the iOS SDK difficult to master. Books and videos are great to prepare for this boot camp but they are no substitute for this hands on workshop with other developers, where you can ask questions to an experienced instructor looking over your shoulder as you go through the lessons step by step. This boot camp will save you months of time and money.
Want more information about our boot camp and company?
- Visit our corporate website at: http://www.apexknowledge.com
- Visit the instructors blog at: http://www.apexappdev.com
- Call us directly at: 214-620-0361
Upcoming Boot Camps
DALLAS – Friday, July 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM – Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CDT)